Sunday 3 July 2011

Tutorial 2 - Layering Tool

After the first tutorial on selection tool, Madam Lydia taught us on layering in her second tutorial session.

First of all, open a new file by changing the setting to A4 size and International page.

Suppose it is a blank file. However, I change the background color to blue in order to look more colorful.
You can see from the previous image, I have selected the "Gradient Tool" to make below result.

Then, I open the image that I have saved in Tutorial 1. Drag the MMU logo to the page I have created.

To share what I have learn last week, here shows you how to use layering tool.
Click on the "Layer Style" which located under "Layer", and press "Blending Options".
You can explore yourself by clicking different blend mode.
Drag the MMU Grand Hall and Ebee images.
As you can see here, there are 2 Ebees which I drag the Ebee twice and the second Ebee is being blended using the mode of soft light to make it looks like a shadow.

The 3 little students are also being dragged as well as the open day image.


After that, I use the "Horizontal Type Tool" to type text. To make the text colour looks more stronger, I apply blending mode of "color burn".


In order to complete the e-wallpaper for layering basics, I drag the last raw image which is the hat.

I AM DONE!

Not to forget to save it onto 2 files which are the psd file and the jpg file.

Have a nice day and that's it for tutorial 2 =)

No comments:

Post a Comment